January 8, 2012

NOTD: Nude Sandwich

I have a quick one for everybody today: Nude Sandwhich!


We are going to a baby blessing today and I didn't want anything overpowering. Plus it is nice to wear nude after wearing a vampy color. I like to mix it up like that. Unfortunatly, I did this mani at 2 am because I was phsycho couldn't sleep. At, 4 am I really needed to sleep so I did, but it really wasn't dry enough so my thumb now has a big ol' sheet mark on it.  The good thing about light colors, though, is that you can't see imperfections as much. I hope it won't bother me too much today. I'm sure it will be off by the end of the night .
On to the recipe:


Base coat first of course, then a thin coat of Sephora by OPI :Nonfat Soy Half Caff. It is very sheer and usually a 3 coater to reach opacity.



Then I added a coat of Orly Shinning Star. I picked this up recently on clearance at a Sally Beauty beauty store. It looks like it is from an older collection, not their regular line. IT has a clear base and gold holographic glitters. It was easy to apply and the glitters were evenly scattered.

After that, I added another coat of NSHC. NSCH is not a jelly and usually you sandwich glitter with a jelly finish polish. I didn't have any nude jelly polish so I made do.

As you can see, the combination is still pretty sheer. VNL (visible nail line) galore, but I don't mind. The glitter isn't overwhelming but clearly there. I love it!


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment